My tax refund went into purchasing this stock

This week we saw the market sell off and I received a total of $881 from state and federal refunds. 

Of course, this combination offered a no brainer plan of action. I’m gonna use the money for investment purposes.

I need to keep my money working.

So the $881 went into buying Tesla.


I’ve been a lurker following Tesla for a while now.

I never really pulled the trigger until now.

Never thought this new comer would revolutionize automotive technology.

I’ve always thought Toyota, Ford, and General Motors would lead the way since they’ve been in longer.

Boy I was wrong. I watched Tesla run from $200 a share to $900+ a share.

These big automotive stocks played it safe, not looking at the changing and growing consumer taste for electric vehicles.

So purchased 1 Tesla stock at $688 on Thursday. 

I did not use M1Finance for this purchase because it’s only for my dividend portfolio and I wanted to do a limit order which it does not offer. Instead I used Charles Schwab for this particular purchase.

My Schwab is where I keep my Roth IRA.


The leftover from the Tesla purchase I bought 11 shares of AES. AES is a utility with large renewable energy capacity with a backlog of over 6GW clean energy projects. It has a yield of over 3% and is a good defensive stock in my opinion. It has very diversified portfolio.

So, what did you do or plan to do with your tax refund?

Comments