Bought more stocks today

  • deployed another $501.55 to my dividend portfolio
  • stock market to remain unstable
  • thoughts on defensive stocks


Today I added more money to 18 stocks with a total consideration of $501.55.

Majority of the funds went into buying Real Estate stocks.

I bought Iron Mountain, Geo Group, Simon Property Group, Regency Centers, Wynn Resorts, Colony Capital, CoreCivic, and EPR Properties. I put in $30/stock for a total of $240.

Then, real estate is followed by healthcare/pharmaceutical.

I bought Gilead Sciences, Abbvie, Cardinal Health, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Eli Lilly. I put in $30/stock for a total of $180.

ViacomCBS got $30.

Broadcom got $21.55.

Royal Dutch Shell and Total S.A both got $15 for a total of $30.

Current yield stands at 5.521%.

The stock market will remain unstable because of overreaction to recent news. We might touch new lows for some stocks. However, I am hopeful that the market will start recovering by the end of April.

Since the market plunge last week, I saw a lot of defensive stocks go down like Costco, McDonalds, and Walmart.

I actually wanted to add them to my dividend portfolio, but didn't do it because I wanted to focus building my current one.  The prices were really attractive. I feel bad not adding them because these stocks are stocks I am comfortable holding for decades. I'm probably gonna regret this decision.




Comments