A look at my dividend portfolio for 2020

Summary:

  • a quick look in to my dividend portfolio

  • reason for owning these stocks

  • plans going forward for the year 2020
2020 started with stocks rallying signaling the longest bull run in years.

I currently have 35 stocks in my M1Finance Dividend Portfolio divided in 5 slices.




M1Finance Dividend Portfolio Slices

1. Dividend Growth Basket - 18 stocks - 3.90 % Yield
Eli Lilly (LLY), AbbVie (ABBV), Eaton (ETN), Cisco (CSCO), Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM), Phillips 66 (PSX), Simon Property (SPG), Eastman Chemical (EMN), Wynn Resorts (WYNN), ViacomCBS (VIAC), Gilead Sciences (GILD), Broadcom (AVGO), Regency Centers (REG), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Morgan Stanley (MS), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Valero Energy (VLO)

Goldman Sachs are highlighting a “dividend growth basket” of stocks at a time when valuations for the US stock market have shot up to their second-highest level since June 2002. Stocks with majority buy rating. It's a good mix of stocks range from pharmaceuticals, technology, REIT, Finance, Energy and transportation.

2. Real Estate - 6 stocks - 9.06% Yield
Geo Group (GEO), CoreCivic (CXW), Iron Mountain (IRM), EPR Properties (EPR), CorEnergy Infrastracture (CORR), Colony Capital (CLNY)

These stocks are pretty solid when it comes to dividend payout. There are two corrections, detention, and mental health treatment stocks in the mix which both have long contracts with state and federal government.


3. Healthcare - 3 stocks - 3.31% Yield
Cardinal Health (CAH) Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA)

These companies provide clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home.

4. Energy - 3 stocks - 8.06% Yield
Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B) Occidental Petroleum (OXY) Total (TOT)

Beaten down energy / oil stocks with good cash flow and great dividend yield.

5. Consumer - 5 stocks - 4.76% Yield
J.M. Smucker (SJM) General Mills (GIS) Molson Coors Beverage (TAP) Hanesbrands (HBI) Altria (MO)

Consumer stocks that people can't leave without. Recession, depression, no matter where we are at during the business cycle people will need their spread, cereal, beer, clothing, and their smoke.

My M1Finance dividend portfolio is currently yielding 5.12%.

For 2020 I plan on adding $500 a month to reach my goal of $6000 this year. I'm sticking to this 35 stocks for now and do not plan on adding more to the mix. Thirty five stocks is a manageable number to track.

I'm not really too concerned about how the market is doing. I am keeping an eye though. I add to each slices or individual stocks when I see some dips. I'm here for the long term.

I will be publishing more detailed reasons why I choose each stocks in my portfolio in the coming days.

If you enjoyed this piece or have any questions and suggestions, please don't hesitate to comment below.

Thank you!

-John

Comments